Teeth Cleaning in Chestermere
When was the last time you went to the dentist for dental cleaning services? If you cannot remember, then it might be high time that you schedule a visit, pronto. Good dental hygiene and overall health will always require routine dental cleaning. For one, your Chestermere dentist is in the best position to determine the condition of your teeth when we examine your teeth at the time of your regular teeth cleaning. They can point out certain areas that will require extra care, note possible procedures in the near future, and advise you on the most proper ways of caring for your teeth in between trips to the dental clinic.
Fortunately, routine dental cleaning isn’t as scary as many people think. While there may be variations in terms of dental cleaning services on a case to case basis, the basic process will usually include:
- Physical examination of the teeth and mouth. The teeth cleaning process begins with an inspection of your entire mouth for any concerning issues. At this time we screen for any issues including oral cancer, abnormalities or any issues that could affect your overall health.
- Plaque and tartar removal. A scaler is used to scrape off the plaque and tartar found along and under your gum line.
- Cleaning with gritty toothpaste. Your dentist will use an electric toothbrush and gritty toothpaste to deep clean each tooth. The rough texture of the toothpaste helps to slough off any buildup on your teeth.
- Flossing. The routine dental cleaning will also involve flossing, which is also used to check for bleeding on the gums.
- Rinsing. Your dentist will have you rinse off with water that has liquid fluoride mixed into it.
- Fluoride treatment application. Finally, dental cleaning services end with a fluoride paste or gel applied on the teeth’s surface to protect it and keep it from developing cavities for the next couple of months. Fluoride is an individual choice and you will be recommended if it is right for you.
If there are any other treatments or dental cleaning services necessary before, during, or after these general steps, your dentist will inform you of it. The important thing is to ensure that you make it to your scheduled appointment twice yearly!
Chestermere, AB T1X 0V8
(844) 972 7776
Hours of Operation:
Mon: 11AM - 7PM
Tuesday: 8:30AM - 4:30PM
Wednesday: 11AM - 7:30PM
Thursday: 7:30AM - 3:30PM
Friday: 9AM - 4PM
Saturday: 9AM - 4PM
Questions? We are here to help!